Everything you need to know about wedding rentals, all in one place.
What would your perfect wedding look like? Would it be Gatsby glam or simple and chic? The type of wedding rentals you choose will serve the perfect details that will help your vision come to life. Here are our three steps to navigating wedding rentals and making sure it all comes together perfectly.
First, Plan Your Vision
First things first: plan your wedding vision and actually write it down. This involves outlining all the specifics: number of guests, indoor or outdoor, time of year, theme or aesthetic, and specific events such as fireworks or buffet-style dining.
We even recommend writing down what items or décor you will need to achieve your ideal setup. Think of decorative items, such as photo albums or water fountains, and functional items, such as serving platters or chairs.
Getting specific on those details before you start reaching out to rental companies will speed up the process of finding your dream wedding vendors.
Second, Ask Questions
When speaking with various vendors it is good to have a list of questions so you have all the info you need and help determine which vendor to go with.
If you need inspiration, check out this wedding rental checklist by Bridal Guide. It provided a great list of suggested questions to ask your potential wedding venues!
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Can we view actual rental items from your supply, or will we be shown samples?
- Will we be able to contact you on the day of our event?
- What is included in the pricing?
- How much is required for a deposit?
- When is the deposit due?
- When is the final payment due?
- Which methods of payment do you accept?
- Will someone instruct us on navigating and using everything in the rental?
- Do we have to clean dishes, glasses, and flatware, or do we load dirties into their crates?
- How does post-celebration cleanup work? Do we have to do it ourselves?
- What are the costs and conditions if any items are broken or lost?
- What is your cancellation/refund policy?
Third, Tables and Linens and More
Aside from decorations and flowers, you will need to decide where you’re getting your table settings and chairs from. You will need tables, chairs, linens, dishes, glassware, flatware, serving utensils, and serving ware.
Some wedding venues provide tables and linens, either for free or at an added cost. Always ask your venue if they provide any complimentary table settings or if the kitchen is equipped with serving utensils and the like.
If the venue does not provide what you need, or if you simply don’t like what they have to offer, factor in the cost of each item mentioned above into your wedding budget.
Have the wedding celebration of your dreams by booking your wedding at Rural Hill Farm — a rustic lodging and event venue away from it all, yet close to the Nashville action. Contact us to talk numbers or schedule a tour today!